I have been practicing and teaching yoga for several years, and the practice continues to offer new treasures every day. For me, yoga is a holistic system that promotes balance of the body, mind and soul for total well-being, and I love my role in sharing yoga with others.
After completing my initial teacher training in 2010, I began teaching group yoga classes in the Evansville area. I pursued my interest in yoga as therapy and learned to teach a type of yoga called viniyoga, which means the appropriate application of yoga techniques to benefit students as individuals.
As part of that training, I was required to receive mentoring and a personalized yoga practice from a qualified teacher in the tradition. I was blown away by how much deeper, richer and more effective yoga became when it was my practice, something designed for me that I did every day. I continue to work with my mentor and do my daily yoga, meditation and chanting practice to develop as a teacher and student.
My classes incorporate yoga poses and movement, conscious breathing and meditation. Classes may also include the use of sound or chanting and other introspective practices.
I also teach private lessons for those interested in taking up a personal yoga practice or looking for help tailoring yoga to personal needs, and I am a licensed massage therapist practicing in Evansville.
My other projects include homeschooling my son, raising a flock of backyard chickens, trying to grow a garden full of fruits and veggies, and learning to play ukulele.
- 300-Hr Foundations of Yoga Therapy Teacher Training - The Yoga Well Institute (2015-2017)
- Myofascial Release I - MFR Seminars (2016)
- Licensed Massage Therapist - Indiana State Board of Massage Therapy (2014)
- Member of International Association of Yoga Therapists (2012-2016)
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher - Yoga Alliance (2013-2016)
- 24-Hr Restorative Yoga Therapy Certificate - Yapana Yoga (2013)
- 90-Hr Children's Yoga Teacher Certificate - Youth Yoga School (2013)
- 700-Hr Massage Therapy Diploma - Bodyworks Massage Institute (2013)
- 200-Hr Yoga Teacher Training Certificate - Evansville Teacher Training (2010)
To my many teachers and guides on this path, I humbly thank you. I am honored to carry the light you have shared to others.